According to DeLaHunt (p. 154) at the wedding of Amanda Brazee and Paul Schuster on 8 September 1858 at Mulberry Park occurred the first sighting of "a supposed supernatural apparition, that for years afterward was reported to haunt the Cannelton and Tell City river road." "Whatever its nature, it was seen by too many responsible parties for its existence to be flatly denied."
This 1858 sighting would repudiate the later interpretation of the apparitions being the ghost of Henry Brazee; there were to be 13 more years before he became a ghost. Already in the 1880s "Brazee's Ghost" was always seen in its classic pose of bring his whip down on his rearing horse.
One local young man with a reputation for bravery emptied a "five-shooter" revolver into Brazee's Ghost without effect. He then ran his buggy team at full speed for the mile and a half to Cannelton, arriving there with a very white face. Around 1890 Francis J. Busam, then in his late teens, was "hopping the ties" from Tell City to Cannelton in advance of a threatening storm. When in the neighborhood of Mulberry Park, at a particularly loud clap of thunder, he looked over his shoulder and saw Brazee on his rearing horse. Sightings after 1900 seem to have ceased.
In the 1960s vandals did so much damage to the Brazee vault that in 1970 the family remains were reentered in Greenwood Cemetery at Tell City. Mulberry Park was razed a few years later.