Huffman Mill and Covered Bridge
According to the Huffman family, George and Nancy McDaniel Huffman settled on the Spencer County side in 1810. After learning of the scalping of Atha Meeks in western Spencer County in May 1811, they returned to Breckinridge County, KY, until 1815 or 1816. A water-powered mill was built just upstream from the bridge on the Spencer County side. The third water mill was torn down around 1910. A steam-powered mill was erected and ran for 15 years.
The present bridge was built in 1864 under the supervision of William Washer of Troy. There have been several extensive repairs made in recent years. Now there is a drive to have it listed in the National Historic Register.